In my last radio show on EFT for Stress, Anxiety and Overeating, I worked with a woman whose husband had been laid off work. Having been out of the workforce for years, she was terrified at the thought that she may have to go back to work.
Keep these points in mind –
- Confidence can be like energy – you can lose it and not have a clue how to get it back!
- Trying to lose weight when you are also struggling with stress, anxiety and a loss of confidence is no easy task.
- The EFT self-acceptance statement becomes even more critical – don’t leave it out!
I’m a huge fan of “What If” statements, and I used these to help her consider new possibilities:
- What if I could find a way to relax about all of this?
- What if it doesn’t have to be so difficult?
- What if food can just be food?
- What if I could find a way to get through this time, without comforting myself with food?
- What if I allowed it to be easier?
- What if I let myself feel the feelings, and let them flow through me?
- What if this challenge somehow brought a huge surprise benefit to me?
This last “What IF” really resonated with her. Opening yourself up to new possibilities is a great way to reduce stress, and start to build your confidence.