I’m not new to EFT and have used it whenever I felt I needed to, but only got ‘spotty’ results, at best. Over the past year I’ve been seeing more and more blogs about EFT and some of the results people have been getting. Some results were subtle and some miraculous; but, the point is, there were good results.
This is what led me to your site. I wanted to get better and more consistent with my results.
Question: is there 1 or 2 keys to EFT that you can recommend? 🙂
I think you have it exactly right. EFT is a great tool that gets results – sometimes subtle, sometimes miraculous.
Off the top of my head, here are some keys –
1. Focus on feelings – many people get too bogged down in trying to find the right words, which can actually be distracting. You actually don’t even need to use words if you are tuned into the feelings.
2. Identify specific events, and work on them 1 at a time, until you handle all the different aspects of each one. Start with the most intense ones first.
3 Pay attention to what comes up when you are tapping – thoughts, memories, etc. Whatever comes up – treat that as the problem and tap on it. Sometimes it seems too simple to just tap on what’s in your head (your self talk), but it often works, or it leads you somewhere.
4. Develop a daily practice – even 5 minutes per day will make a difference.
5. Tap persistently on difficult issues, from every angle you can think of, and don’t give up.
6. Work with a practitioner or trade sessions with a friend. They will see things that you may miss, and they may be more persistent.